Saturday, February 9, 2008

Time waits for no man.....

Dear Climbers,

April 4 seems such a long way off. We think we still have a lot of time. But time waits for no man. It will soon descend on us and we will find ourselves at the base of Mount Kinabalu looking at that great massif wondering if we can reach that seemingly high summit. Don't wait my friends

We were in Penang 2 weeks ago and guess what? When our group of 4 climbers (2 of them were there) took us to climb the Bukit Jambul hill, I almost had to stop and rest just before the peak. It was a nice but tiring climb. The view from the top is really worth it. Anyone headed to Penang should not miss this climb. I love it. it is easy to get there. Look for teh Equatorial Hotel at Bukit Jambul and then head up to the hills and drive past a children's school with a big Ultraman and you are very near the starting point. I was in Penang many years and did not realise that such a place existed.

I am now in Singapore teaching at an International Leadership program and guess what. I still tried to exercise and this evening attempted to walk from harbor point to Orchard road - a bit crazy but fun. took me almost 2 hours. I haev been doing the stomach exercises every night (300 times) and I love the stationary exercises that I also do. Tomorrow I will have to look for another place to run - maybe to the Botanical gardens. Anyone to join me. I had lunch with Wei today (he is joining us for the climb) and I guess the wide variety of people will make this trip really fun.

So remember, don't procrastinate and wait until it is too late. I guess Dr Soh Lay Sian and co will be training hard as usual so let's take their example......

Ong Hock Siew

No comments: